Recently, our nation is bombarded with news of place of worship being vandalized. Why some people would think that their religion is supreme over others? I can see that many Malaysians wanted to live in peace and harmony but were given fear by these religious extremists.
Religion, how you view it? Although I was born a Catholic, but I was taught to respect other religions. With many friends embracing other religion, I have no problem mingling with different groups of friends. As I grow older, I started to question religion, and with my learning of science and the continuous disputes between some fractions, I don’t quite believe in religion anymore. But, I still have faith that our world is created by a divine one, and maybe all religions are referring to the same Almighty.
What cause some of my friends to have disrespect to other religions? Religious teachings, that’s what I believe caused it. Any religion should be teaching us to live in harmony and lead peaceful life with our counterparts. But some fanatics tried to attract people to join their religion, controlling them and prevent these people from believing other “inferior” gods by inducing hatred about other religions.
I always shake my head when I see some “missionaries” who condemn other religion before spreading theirs. I always feel offended when some Christian guys tell me Catholic teachings had been distorted. What the ****? We pray to the same God for god’s sake. We used the same bible amid some alteration. Some even believe bible contains every single bit of God’s words. Do they know who compile the bible? Do they know that many “unfavorable” writings were omitted?
Recently, my roommate also encountered a similar situation. He is a Buddhist. The first thing those “missionaries” say was condemning the different design of deities across the world. These “missionaries” then told my friend how our mighty Jesus has a standardized figure across all nations. So, now religion has to be standardized? =.= My friend was not so into religious facts and had to get away by saying he is too busy to attend to them. And he ask me why are my kind of people are that bad, condemning others? These actions are truly bad impressions for Christianity.
As the wise guy (You know it’s you) says, “It is the faith that is important.” I believe that He created us. I have faith in my religion, not the people that governs it. And I truly believe that we all pray to them same God. Love the people around us, and don’t try to prove that your God is right and others are wrong.
The above is my personal view about religion, faith and love. Please don’t be so harsh when leaving comments. Spread love. ^^
Religion, how you view it? Although I was born a Catholic, but I was taught to respect other religions. With many friends embracing other religion, I have no problem mingling with different groups of friends. As I grow older, I started to question religion, and with my learning of science and the continuous disputes between some fractions, I don’t quite believe in religion anymore. But, I still have faith that our world is created by a divine one, and maybe all religions are referring to the same Almighty.
What cause some of my friends to have disrespect to other religions? Religious teachings, that’s what I believe caused it. Any religion should be teaching us to live in harmony and lead peaceful life with our counterparts. But some fanatics tried to attract people to join their religion, controlling them and prevent these people from believing other “inferior” gods by inducing hatred about other religions.
I always shake my head when I see some “missionaries” who condemn other religion before spreading theirs. I always feel offended when some Christian guys tell me Catholic teachings had been distorted. What the ****? We pray to the same God for god’s sake. We used the same bible amid some alteration. Some even believe bible contains every single bit of God’s words. Do they know who compile the bible? Do they know that many “unfavorable” writings were omitted?
Recently, my roommate also encountered a similar situation. He is a Buddhist. The first thing those “missionaries” say was condemning the different design of deities across the world. These “missionaries” then told my friend how our mighty Jesus has a standardized figure across all nations. So, now religion has to be standardized? =.= My friend was not so into religious facts and had to get away by saying he is too busy to attend to them. And he ask me why are my kind of people are that bad, condemning others? These actions are truly bad impressions for Christianity.
As the wise guy (You know it’s you) says, “It is the faith that is important.” I believe that He created us. I have faith in my religion, not the people that governs it. And I truly believe that we all pray to them same God. Love the people around us, and don’t try to prove that your God is right and others are wrong.
The above is my personal view about religion, faith and love. Please don’t be so harsh when leaving comments. Spread love. ^^

Post a Comment