My last few article was too long and boring I think as no one gave me any comments. T.T So I will try to keep this one brief, hopefully. I was going to write about the Flat Earth Society but I think I can't convince myself to write such an absurd stuff in my blog. LOL I believe the Earth is round and revolve around the sun. Full stop.
That was not what I going to talk about today. Today's topic will be one Chinese love to give in their time for - gambling. I planned to write this last week after the CTRE but was not motivated until today when my friends discussed about gambling in Genting again.
No one can deny that Chinese crave for the trill of gambling, or maybe just the winning part. LOL Who doesn't? Based on my research from articles for my assignments last year, I found out that there is actually a scientific explanation to this. Chinese have high external locus of control and attributes their wealth and gains on their luck and fate. They also think that some alteration to tiny aspect in life can make them in control over the dealer. Innocent group of people.
For Chinese, although not all of us, if we are in a state of winning, it's our luck. If we lose, we blame our ancestors for not protecting us against the bad lucks. We blame those who are dead when we do not prosper. Maybe I can see the logic for general stuff but in terms of gambling in casinos like Genting, I think we should thank our ancestor for providing protection against these evil games. Why did I say so? Here's why.
Let's say if your ancestor provide you a favor, helping you to win the very first time you gamble, you will be happy but not yet addicted. Then, you win and win and one day become addicted, you are gone as the probability is stacked against you in any casino in the world. If your ancestor let you lose the first few times, then you will have a mindset against gambling and that may saved you from future losses, huge one. Gambling addiction kills too.
Don't believe me? I have one friend who won in style the first time. "In style" means everywhere he bet that day he won, almost every bet. He even wanted to try to show hand on the dice on his last round before being stopped by other friends. He was definitely addicted that night he lost his virginity in casino gambling. Had he not lost on his second adventure to the mountain of wealth "giving" few weeks later, he may become one of those who lose everything due to gambling addiction. He might still have the urge to throw his money in this "deposit account" to gain future "interest" but had slowed down in his action.
If we look into it in the long term, our ancestor might have been protected us from the catastrophic effect of gambling. So, I think losing a little in the beginning might be a blessing in disguise for all. Maybe trying some luck with control will be a good way to pass time but limit yourself. ^^
That was not what I going to talk about today. Today's topic will be one Chinese love to give in their time for - gambling. I planned to write this last week after the CTRE but was not motivated until today when my friends discussed about gambling in Genting again.
No one can deny that Chinese crave for the trill of gambling, or maybe just the winning part. LOL Who doesn't? Based on my research from articles for my assignments last year, I found out that there is actually a scientific explanation to this. Chinese have high external locus of control and attributes their wealth and gains on their luck and fate. They also think that some alteration to tiny aspect in life can make them in control over the dealer. Innocent group of people.
For Chinese, although not all of us, if we are in a state of winning, it's our luck. If we lose, we blame our ancestors for not protecting us against the bad lucks. We blame those who are dead when we do not prosper. Maybe I can see the logic for general stuff but in terms of gambling in casinos like Genting, I think we should thank our ancestor for providing protection against these evil games. Why did I say so? Here's why.
Let's say if your ancestor provide you a favor, helping you to win the very first time you gamble, you will be happy but not yet addicted. Then, you win and win and one day become addicted, you are gone as the probability is stacked against you in any casino in the world. If your ancestor let you lose the first few times, then you will have a mindset against gambling and that may saved you from future losses, huge one. Gambling addiction kills too.
Don't believe me? I have one friend who won in style the first time. "In style" means everywhere he bet that day he won, almost every bet. He even wanted to try to show hand on the dice on his last round before being stopped by other friends. He was definitely addicted that night he lost his virginity in casino gambling. Had he not lost on his second adventure to the mountain of wealth "giving" few weeks later, he may become one of those who lose everything due to gambling addiction. He might still have the urge to throw his money in this "deposit account" to gain future "interest" but had slowed down in his action.
If we look into it in the long term, our ancestor might have been protected us from the catastrophic effect of gambling. So, I think losing a little in the beginning might be a blessing in disguise for all. Maybe trying some luck with control will be a good way to pass time but limit yourself. ^^

Post a Comment