The Formula One fever is back and the carnival is going to be kicked start in less than a week. Nevertheless, the atmosphere is burning hot on the grid, and off the grid too in Malaysia. The first stop for this year’s race is Bahrain and I am really looking forward to it. ^^
I had been following Formula One since 1999, the year Malaysia caught that fever. After 11 years, Formula One is still able to catch my attention with its new technologies. (Yes, techs. There girls in F1 is not as plentiful.) Well, every year there will be new excitements and this year is what I can say the one I most anticipate.
Why did I said so? This year there will be again new rules. The most notable change is the removal of refueling during pit stops, reverting the race back to its original form in 1994. Maybe by removing that function, few people in the team will have to be laid off. LOLx We will see less flames in the pit but strategies are still important as tyres do wear off. Less the refueling, racers will certainly need to rely less on team strategists and focus more on racing their race. Racing should be done through overtaking on tracks, not through pit stops. =.= There might be also changes in the point system, but I cannot confirm on that.
Then there will be new teams competing amid the withdrawal of two experienced teams. Of the four new teams that registered themselves, only three might make the grid. And the one I really look forward is Lotus, who are returning to F1 under the support from the Malaysian government and businessperson, notably Datuk Tony Fernades. Owned by Proton now, Lotus sports cars are one of my favourites. Looking forward to see them finish middle of the pack (Honesty, I don’t see them chasing for top honours this year). Another team was built by my idol, Richard Branson, the owner of Virgin Group. Both Tony and Richard even had a bet on who will be better and the loser, LOL, will have to wear their counterpart’s airline’s air stewardess dress. This is something nice to see at the end of the season.
The biggest anticipation of all will be the returning of the legendary Michael Schumacher. My top sports idol, made his name through titles while at Benetton and Ferrari before retiring. Perhaps life gets bored if you are used to being fast. Still remembering the first season I watch F1 on papers, he was good, but broke his leg in a crash that year. He ended the season 5th in the overall ranking. With a broken leg marred his season, his position is extremely good. He was a Ferrari driver ever since I started viewing F1 races and so, Ferrari was my top choice to support.
But this year will be a different scenario, he had signed with Mercedes, with the consent of Ferrari (Ferrari respected him so much they just let him go although he is their biggest ambassador). And for this I respect Ferrari for letting Michael continuing his dreams. Ferrari got two good drivers but I will root for Mercedes GP this season and seasons thereafter if this macho looking driver’s still around. Looking forward to see him take risk in the circuit again, as no one is really near him in terms of risk taking. Ironically, I don’t like Mercedes’ design of sports car.
With the return of the Michael, the field will be packed with so many world champions in the same season for the 1st time in years. We will get to see Alonso (the guy who beat Michael to the crown two years straight before the legend retires) in a red hot Ferrari, Hamilton and reigning champ Button in a all British McLarens and also the legend himself. It is sad that Raikonen prefer to opt out of this season (Ladies would be disappointed, but there’s still Jenson Button to look to). Other than these ex-champs, there also so many drivers in contention for the title. Massa, Vettel, Kubica and the list goes on.
Ask me who I wish will be champion in the end of the season? I will go for Massa in Ferrari for drivers championship and Red Bull for constructors’ championship. I really admire Massa being Schumacher’s sidekick before the One retire. The most cooperative driver I’d seen (Maybe it’s because it’s Schumacher), respond well to team orders and a risk taker in his driving as well (Remembers his tussle with Kubica few years ago for position). Why not Schumacher? Doesn’t he had enough holy grails in his house’s cabinet already? It will be good for him to win again but I will like Massa to take the trophy for the effort he put in. Losing in the final corner of the season two years was unfair for him. God was wrong and should fix it.
Back to the Tony v Richard case, who would I support? I would love to see Tony Fernandes wear a dress more than Richard. LOLx I feel that the Virgin owner is the type who would wear a dress even he was not asked to do so. But as a Malaysian, which I am proud of (Don’t bomb me if you don’t like Malaysia), I will support Lotus, support Proton, and in the end against Richard. T.T Hopefully, Proton’s advisor Tun Dr Mahathir will present me the new Lotus sports car as a gift for being a true Malaysian if he sees this (dreaming ^^), opposing my favourite businessperson.
The race starts in Bahrain, looking forward to it. Cavallino Rampante was the symbol I looked upon, now it’s a Malaysia flag.
I had been following Formula One since 1999, the year Malaysia caught that fever. After 11 years, Formula One is still able to catch my attention with its new technologies. (Yes, techs. There girls in F1 is not as plentiful.) Well, every year there will be new excitements and this year is what I can say the one I most anticipate.
Why did I said so? This year there will be again new rules. The most notable change is the removal of refueling during pit stops, reverting the race back to its original form in 1994. Maybe by removing that function, few people in the team will have to be laid off. LOLx We will see less flames in the pit but strategies are still important as tyres do wear off. Less the refueling, racers will certainly need to rely less on team strategists and focus more on racing their race. Racing should be done through overtaking on tracks, not through pit stops. =.= There might be also changes in the point system, but I cannot confirm on that.
Then there will be new teams competing amid the withdrawal of two experienced teams. Of the four new teams that registered themselves, only three might make the grid. And the one I really look forward is Lotus, who are returning to F1 under the support from the Malaysian government and businessperson, notably Datuk Tony Fernades. Owned by Proton now, Lotus sports cars are one of my favourites. Looking forward to see them finish middle of the pack (Honesty, I don’t see them chasing for top honours this year). Another team was built by my idol, Richard Branson, the owner of Virgin Group. Both Tony and Richard even had a bet on who will be better and the loser, LOL, will have to wear their counterpart’s airline’s air stewardess dress. This is something nice to see at the end of the season.
The biggest anticipation of all will be the returning of the legendary Michael Schumacher. My top sports idol, made his name through titles while at Benetton and Ferrari before retiring. Perhaps life gets bored if you are used to being fast. Still remembering the first season I watch F1 on papers, he was good, but broke his leg in a crash that year. He ended the season 5th in the overall ranking. With a broken leg marred his season, his position is extremely good. He was a Ferrari driver ever since I started viewing F1 races and so, Ferrari was my top choice to support.
But this year will be a different scenario, he had signed with Mercedes, with the consent of Ferrari (Ferrari respected him so much they just let him go although he is their biggest ambassador). And for this I respect Ferrari for letting Michael continuing his dreams. Ferrari got two good drivers but I will root for Mercedes GP this season and seasons thereafter if this macho looking driver’s still around. Looking forward to see him take risk in the circuit again, as no one is really near him in terms of risk taking. Ironically, I don’t like Mercedes’ design of sports car.
With the return of the Michael, the field will be packed with so many world champions in the same season for the 1st time in years. We will get to see Alonso (the guy who beat Michael to the crown two years straight before the legend retires) in a red hot Ferrari, Hamilton and reigning champ Button in a all British McLarens and also the legend himself. It is sad that Raikonen prefer to opt out of this season (Ladies would be disappointed, but there’s still Jenson Button to look to). Other than these ex-champs, there also so many drivers in contention for the title. Massa, Vettel, Kubica and the list goes on.
Ask me who I wish will be champion in the end of the season? I will go for Massa in Ferrari for drivers championship and Red Bull for constructors’ championship. I really admire Massa being Schumacher’s sidekick before the One retire. The most cooperative driver I’d seen (Maybe it’s because it’s Schumacher), respond well to team orders and a risk taker in his driving as well (Remembers his tussle with Kubica few years ago for position). Why not Schumacher? Doesn’t he had enough holy grails in his house’s cabinet already? It will be good for him to win again but I will like Massa to take the trophy for the effort he put in. Losing in the final corner of the season two years was unfair for him. God was wrong and should fix it.
Back to the Tony v Richard case, who would I support? I would love to see Tony Fernandes wear a dress more than Richard. LOLx I feel that the Virgin owner is the type who would wear a dress even he was not asked to do so. But as a Malaysian, which I am proud of (Don’t bomb me if you don’t like Malaysia), I will support Lotus, support Proton, and in the end against Richard. T.T Hopefully, Proton’s advisor Tun Dr Mahathir will present me the new Lotus sports car as a gift for being a true Malaysian if he sees this (dreaming ^^), opposing my favourite businessperson.
The race starts in Bahrain, looking forward to it. Cavallino Rampante was the symbol I looked upon, now it’s a Malaysia flag.

Post a Comment