Yesterday, I went for Continuous Tourism Related Education courses that is required for me to renew my tourist guide license. It is the first time I took the course outside Melaka, and it's kind of anxious, entering an unknown territory.
Before I go into details of the course, I will like to say that sometimes fate just don't run into me. I knew her class was some time around 9AM, thus I went out to the LRT station just about the right time and even went to the McD near her campus. I waited and she did not appeared. I really had to go as my registration time is at 9.30AM.
Then, I just continue my journey after my breakfast at McD. Came to Global Institute of Tourism for the second time in a week. This time, there are humans greeting me in the front office, contrary to last week where I had to look for people to attend to my enquiries. The attendance was exceeded my expectation, 50+ for Chinese class about "Sun Zhu's The Art of War" and 40+ for English class about "1Malaysia". The first class was quite interesting and there is an animated video for us to watch. The class was presented by Alvin Sim, a tourist guide himself.
Then, after the 1st class ended, I requested for the Wifi password for GIT's Internet connection. When I logged in Facebook, I need to whine about my luck and the fate to meet her. She went to the exact same McD after I left. She reach 1 hour later, apparently she was late for class. =.= Well, there is really no fate between us as her class ends earlier than mine ("1Malaysia" class had not started yet) and I cannot go back with her. T.T
Heartbreak. Went out early hoping to meet her and she was there late. T.T Never mind, let's continue. The "1Malaysia" talk started and presented was by Mr. Isvaran. From my point of view, he may not have much credible argument when challenged by fellow tourist guides but his passion towards multiracial unity is plausible. His talk was not quite accepted by some people but I really admire him embracing the culture of other races. He did show himself wearing Malay and Indian traditional attire. He even mentioned he wore Cheongsam before, led to laughter around the class. He was referring to the traditional male attire of "Samfu", which to my amusement non of the tourist guide knows, or the did not bother to share what they know like I do.
Mr. Isvaran also asked us to gave our opinion on how to encourage people to support the 1Malaysia concept. I personally feel that these concept are initiated by those people in power and the opposition will politicized it not caring whether it was good or bad to the people. Government must make sure that these noble programs should not be use as a mean to gain popularity. Maybe by distancing themselves from the whole concept can make it more acceptable for people from both fraction of the nation. That's my opinion, please leave yours in the comment section.
Then, that was my day. On other happenings, my house was broke in yesterday morning. None of my stuff were lost but felt bad for my housemate who lost his new hand phone to the burglar. I hope that there will be eternal bad luck for the burglar and hopefully there will not be any misfortune for us in these last two months staying here.
Before I go into details of the course, I will like to say that sometimes fate just don't run into me. I knew her class was some time around 9AM, thus I went out to the LRT station just about the right time and even went to the McD near her campus. I waited and she did not appeared. I really had to go as my registration time is at 9.30AM.
Then, I just continue my journey after my breakfast at McD. Came to Global Institute of Tourism for the second time in a week. This time, there are humans greeting me in the front office, contrary to last week where I had to look for people to attend to my enquiries. The attendance was exceeded my expectation, 50+ for Chinese class about "Sun Zhu's The Art of War" and 40+ for English class about "1Malaysia". The first class was quite interesting and there is an animated video for us to watch. The class was presented by Alvin Sim, a tourist guide himself.
Then, after the 1st class ended, I requested for the Wifi password for GIT's Internet connection. When I logged in Facebook, I need to whine about my luck and the fate to meet her. She went to the exact same McD after I left. She reach 1 hour later, apparently she was late for class. =.= Well, there is really no fate between us as her class ends earlier than mine ("1Malaysia" class had not started yet) and I cannot go back with her. T.T
Heartbreak. Went out early hoping to meet her and she was there late. T.T Never mind, let's continue. The "1Malaysia" talk started and presented was by Mr. Isvaran. From my point of view, he may not have much credible argument when challenged by fellow tourist guides but his passion towards multiracial unity is plausible. His talk was not quite accepted by some people but I really admire him embracing the culture of other races. He did show himself wearing Malay and Indian traditional attire. He even mentioned he wore Cheongsam before, led to laughter around the class. He was referring to the traditional male attire of "Samfu", which to my amusement non of the tourist guide knows, or the did not bother to share what they know like I do.
Mr. Isvaran also asked us to gave our opinion on how to encourage people to support the 1Malaysia concept. I personally feel that these concept are initiated by those people in power and the opposition will politicized it not caring whether it was good or bad to the people. Government must make sure that these noble programs should not be use as a mean to gain popularity. Maybe by distancing themselves from the whole concept can make it more acceptable for people from both fraction of the nation. That's my opinion, please leave yours in the comment section.
Then, that was my day. On other happenings, my house was broke in yesterday morning. None of my stuff were lost but felt bad for my housemate who lost his new hand phone to the burglar. I hope that there will be eternal bad luck for the burglar and hopefully there will not be any misfortune for us in these last two months staying here.

encouraging 1malaysia.. hmm.. it's easy to implement but instilling it is quite a task.. =)
kenwooi.com